11.18.2010

Fascism and Italy


I think I have a fascist fetish. This building is the Palazzo Della Poste in Piazza Bologna, and it's designed by Mario Ridolfi, who is part of the Groupo 7. The Groupo 7 (does the name Giuseppi Teragni ring any bells?) is a group of 7 architects who worked for mussolini during the world war era, making Rome into a more fascist state through their architectural interventions. This post office happens to be the building I'm studying for my building analysis, and I LOVE IT.

 This is the interior of the post office (oh no terrorism!!) of the main staircase that is generated by the curved facade. My professor told me that he wouldnt help me if I got arrested when he saw me taking the pictures. 


Here's another staircase I think is pretty awesome. This is in the La Rinascente building that's on the outskirts of rome. (it felt like it was on mars because we walked FOR EVER to get there.)

And speaking of mars... Look at what I've been seeing around rome!




Check out www.space-invaders.com for more info on that. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Ridolfi non fece parte del gruppo 7, composto da: Luigi Figini, Guido Frette, Sebastiano Larco, Gino Pollini, Carlo Enrico Rava, Giuseppe Terragni. Ed a dire il vero la corrente a cui appartiene è quella del neorealismo del dopoguerra, che rinnegava qualsiasi simbologia fascista..

    ReplyDelete